I thought it might be good to have a list of non food rewards that I’ll treat myself to as and when I hit certain milestones.
I’ve never been anywhere near my ideal weight, but the BMI calculator says that a 6 stone loss would put me just inside the healthy bracket. So I am going to use that as my first goal weight. I can adjust it if I get close and think it’s too high or too low. I’m 5″8 so can carry weight quite well and I definitely couldn’t see myself wanting to get down to 8 stone something, which is apparently still considered a healthy weight for my height!
This will most definitely be a post I add to when I think of things I’d like to treat myself to, but I’ll make a start now.
1 stone loss (16″11): ???
2 stone loss (15″11): ???
3 stone loss (14″11): New underwear haul. This used to be something I treated myself to quite a lot, but as the weight has piled on it’s seemed kind of pointless. I want to start wearing nice underwear again! Nothing expensive, as I’ll still only be halfway to goal, but something nicer than my usual, everyday knickers.
4 stone loss (13″11): Jo Malone fragrance. I am obsessed with the nectarine blossom and honey cologne I got for my birthday. I can’t wait to start adding more scents to my collection!
5 stone loss (12″11): ???
6 stone loss (11″11): Breast uplift surgery. My boobs are pretty… droopy… already, so I’m convinced weight loss is only going to make them worse! Maybe I’ll be completely wrong, but I’m pretty sure this is going to be something I will want when I reach goal, possibly alongside a tummy tuck or loose skin removal. We’ll see.
This is just a short post of reasons why I want to lose weight. My thought process is that if (or more likely, when!) I’m feeling like “cheating”, I can come here to remind myself why I am doing CWP, and it can hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow.
I’ll probably add to this post as I think of more things, but as a starter…
- Health. I wish I could say this is the main reason for my losing weight, but that would be a big fat lie. I’m vain, I want to look nice. BUT, health is definitely a factor. I want a family, and I want to be there to see them grow up. I don’t want to eat myself into an early grave, as dramatic as that sounds! I also don’t want to be out of breath walking from one room to another in the house.
- Baby. I desperately want to start trying for a baby, and we’ve agreed that we will this summer. The thought of being pregnant and giving birth is terrifying enough without all the added complications that come with having a high BMI. So I want to lose weight to A. hopefully increase our chances of conceiving fairly quickly and B. make the whole pregnancy experience easier on me.
- Comfort. This is a big one for me. I have spent too many summers with my jeans and cardigans sticking to me. I NEED to be able to wear shorts, or dresses, without feeling like everyone is staring at my flabby arms and legs. Same goes for winter – if I layer up I not only look bigger, but I end up a sweaty mess if I go shopping or walking the dog. I literally can’t win during winter; if I don’t wrap up, I’m cold but if I do then I end up a sweaty mess. Arghh!
- Ease. I want to be able to walk into a shop and not worry about them not stocking my size/the clothes not suiting me/having to pay more than a slim person just to find an outfit that looks reasonably OK. Not even good! Just OK.
- Confidence. This is another biggie.
- I think I have the brains to do well in the company I work for but I just don’t have the confidence to back it up. The thought of presenting to a group fills me with dread. If someone speaks to me I blush. I’m chronically shy around people I don’t know well and I think a lot of it is down to my weight.
- It affects my friendships and relationship, too. I don’t have a lot of friends anyway, but my relationship with my best friend has really taken a hit this year. I just don’t want to go out or see anyone most of the time, and we’ve drifted apart massively. I want to lose weight to gain the confidence to get back out there and start enjoying my life again.
- My boyfriend of (almost) 7 years has never seen me completely nude. How ridiculous is that? He’s never seen my belly button. I know that sounds like a stupid thing but sometimes, when he’s walking around the bedroom naked, without a care in the world, I think silly things like that. There are parts of me that he’s literally never seen and I find that crazy. He loves me, he knows I’m big, but I still don’t have the nerve to take my top off, even during sex. It’s almost as if I think that by keeping my top on, he’s going to be tricked in to thinking I have a toned, taut tummy hidden underneath. Who do I think I’m kidding!?
Weight: 17 stone 11 pounds.
Dress Size: 20, although I tend to squeeze into 18’s.
Shoe Size: 9 – here’s hoping I can lose a shoe size!
Bra Size: 38B. Although my weight has meant I’ve always been too embarrassed to be measured, so God knows what my true bra size is!
So tomorrow is the big day.
I’ve been doing a couple of shakes a day, as per my previous post, but I’ve not really been reigning in the evening meals enough for it to make a difference. I don’t think I’ve lost anything at all so Sole Source it is, starting tomorrow. I didn’t start today as we had a family deal but no more excuses. I will be 100% from tomorrow, for at least 60 days!
So, I was originally going to start on plan on the 1st January. HOWEVER…
In a real first for me, all of the Christmas over-indulging has become too much and I decided last night to start easing myself on to plan today.
My thoughts at the moment are to go with two products a day plus any evening meal I fancy. I’m not starting on a higher step as such, purely because I have a lot of food leftover and I want to make the most of it, but I do want to cut a big chunk of the calories out.
Today I had a shake for breakfast, another for lunch and I’m probably going to have a snacky dinner. I’ve started drinking water again, too, so I’m hoping to lose a couple of pounds water weight this week plus (hopefully) a teeny bit of the Christmas flubber.
I’ve weighed in today, and taken a few photos. I don’t think I’ll be brave enough to post a face photo yet, but I’ll definitely post body shots tomorrow.
Hi! Welcome to my blog.
My name’s Holly, I’m in my late 20’s and I’ve decided that 2018 is going to be a year of change for me. I want to fall pregnant and I want to buy a house with my boyfriend of 7 years. But before either of those, I want to lose weight
I have no idea who I’m introducing myself to here, but how else do you start a blog?! I think my main reason for blogging my “weight loss journey” (I hate that term!!) is to give me some kind of accountability. I’m not expecting to wake up tomorrow and have a million site views and comments but I think if my hands are busy typing up my progress, they can’t be digging in to the entire contents of the fridge, ha!
I’m going to be following the Cambridge Weight Plan – starting on Step 1A “Sole Source”. That essentially means I will be using their products as my sole source of nutrition – so I will have three of their products a day, plus a minimum of 2.25L water. I won’t go too much into it on here as I’m not expecting many (or any!) readers, but I’ll leave the link to their site on the off chance – https://www.cambridgeweightplan.com. I might actually go in to more detail on CWP in another post, to keep me busy when I’m having cravings!
I’m starting on plan 1st January, and the plan is to post here at least once a week, with weight loss updates and photos.
I’ll leave it here for now, and post again on the 1st with my starting weight, measurements and photos!